Jul 6, 2010

MD Anderson, Here I Come!

At this very moment, I am multi-tasking. I am currently listening to a Tegrity lecture on "pain." It is actually causing me pain listening to it. Not really, but I am learning lots about making sure that patients have their pain medicines. As a nurse, I am supposed to educate. So here it is; I am about to educate you... DO NOT take more than 4g of Tylenol a day or you could die. I just want everyone to be safe out there.

Any-who, I have had a lot going on, which I am sure you can imagine. I think it has been about 2 weeks since I have posted something new. I have had some really crazy tests in the last 2 weeks. I have had a total of 6 tests the past 2 weeks! CRAZY! I am really starting to get the hang of taking these tests and managing my time. I have actually managed to do quite well. I am proud of myself. I feel that I have come a long way since May 24. I actually just realized that I am halfway through my summer semester! HORRAY! August 18 here I come!

The past couple weeks have been full of change. Brett got a new job in a different department at Enterprise. He is now working in the Accounting Department as an Accounting Coordinator. He just started today, and he is really glad that he is not selling anymore. He also decided to go back to school. Come August 23, he will be a full time student and working full time. He is going back to Liberty University Online to get an Accounting degree. He is so excited about starting, but it will be crazy with 2 full time students. Needless to say, we had to get another computer. So I am now typing from our new iMac! We love it!

Tomorrow I start my clinical rotation. I am doing it at MD Anderson Cancer Center! I am so excited! I can't wait to get back into the hospital again and get my hands dirty! I am not sure yet exactly what floorI am on yet. I will find out at 630am tomorrow morning though.

Hopefully, I will be back soon to tell you about my clinical days!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Catherine,

    I am so glad to read about you joining us. Once you get your feet on the ground, it would be great if you would consider writing a blog post or two for the MD Anderson Cancerwise blog htttp://www.mdanderson.org

    If your interested just give me a call when you are ready X3-0000
    Thanks! Jennifer, in External Communications @ MD Anderson

    ReplyDelete