Aug 12, 2010

Just about done...

I am in the mist of finals. I had one last Tuesday. Next, I have 4 on Monday and 2 on Tuesday. Then, that is it. I am done with my first semester! The past 12 weeks have really flown by. As I am studying for my finals, I realize how much I really have learned and how much I have grown through this experience. I still love the idea of being a nurse. However, there are some nursing floors that are not for me. Med-Surg floors are what I am talking about. I do not want to do that!

The next couple of days are going to be really tough. I can see the end in sight, yet I am finding it hard to focus on the task at hand. Pharmacology, Health Assessment, Professional Practice & Leadership, and Pathophysiology are the only things holding me back from my much needed vacation. These are the thoughts that are consuming my mind each day, hour, and minute. I actually think I had a dream about one of these subjects last night. I think it was Patho...I think there is a reason for that.

Pray for me as I study and take these last finals. They are going to be mentally draining. But Wednesday at 6am we will be on our way to Pennsylvania!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Catherine,

    My name is Kayce. I came across your blog when I was searching for any posts/advice/blogs about the UTHSC Houston Bacc2 program. I've applied to next year's program and I'm so excited! First, congratulations on finishing your first semester! I'm sure you did awesome.

    A little about me...I graduated from Texas A&M in 2006 and moved to Houston where I've been working in marketing and finance. It has taken me 4 years to figure out that I should have done nursing school from the very beginning, as it has been such a passion of mine. It's never too late to follow your heart, so I've applied! I got my transcript sent over and I'm taking the HESI Admission exam next month. I'm also having to take A&P at HCC this fall because I was 4 hours shy once everything transferred over (I only took Chemistry in college). I pray I do well on everything and get an interview next January once the application deadline is over!

    Anywhoo, I just stumbled upon your blog and thought I'd say hello and introduce myself. Do you have any advice for getting into this program? Did you have a bachelors degree in something else before applying like me? It would mean the world to me to be accepted but I don't know anyone who has done it before or who is currently doing it. You seemed so sweet and excited about your experience thus far so I thought I would reach out to you.

    Thanks so much and I hope you have a wonderful day. Best of luck to you in your second semester!

    God bless,
    Kayce

    ReplyDelete