Aug 5, 2011

38 Weeks

Everything is done. Nursery is finished, clothes are ready, diapers and wipes are prepared, stroller is put together, and the carseat is in. Now all we need is our sweet little Nolan. Hopefully he will be here soon. I am having weekly doctor appointments at this point. On Wednesday during my appointment, my doctor checked me to see if I was dilated. I am 1cm dilated, 60% effaced, and he is at a -2 station. So, for all the non-medical people, it could still be a couple weeks. Nolan is doing exactly what he is supposed to be doing. I can feel him dropping lower everyday. I am having a few contractions, but not really more than a few a day. At this point, I am still working. I have 5 more shifts within this next week. Then, I am hoping Nolan makes his appearance. Brett is so excited for Nolan to get here. He talks to him everyday, telling him that it is time to come out to meet us. He is even taking me on 2 mile walks every night that I am not working. I really think the walking helps. We went walking last night, and this morning I can feel Nolan lower than he was.

Each morning I wake up wondering if today will be the day. I am so excited for my little boy to get here. I can't wait to hold him and to see what he looks like. I know he is going to be just as handsome as his daddy is.

My mom was here a couple weeks ago to help me finish up the nursery and attend a wonderful baby shower that some great friends threw for me. The nursery turned out great! All the people who contributed, Suzie, Phyllis, Elizabeth, mom, and Candice, THANK YOU SO MUCH! Brett and I are very happy with how the nursery turned out. We love it! My baby shower was awesome too! I am so lucky to have such great friends here in Texas. Everything was perfect. I was so glad to be able to have my mom be here for the shower. She spent about 5 days here. It was awesome to spend some time with her. She helped me get everything ready for Nolan. Now, her and dad are just waiting at home for the call. Then, they will head out here as fast as they can. I can't wait!!

Here are some nursery pictures, baby shower pictures, and other fun pictures!


















No comments:

Post a Comment