Jun 3, 2011

It's Official!

Wow. Such an awesome day. I took my NCLEX on Wednesday. This is the state board test that I have to pass in order to become a registered nurse. This morning I found out that I passed! I am incredibly excited! I now have initials after my name, Catherine Gates, RN BSN. Wow. I have worked so hard this past year to get to this point. I honestly could not have done this without the love and support of my husband, family, and friends. I love you all!

A lot has happened in the past month. My parents came into town for about a week. They helped Brett and I move into a new apartment. We love the new apartment. It's two bedroom and two bathroom place. It is very nice. I graduated from nursing school. What an accomplishment. It was a great time. I was so glad to have my family and friends there with me. I also had a surprise graduation party a couple days later. I was so surprised to have my friends come to celebrate with me. It was so much fun. The next day I drove back with my parents to Charlotte for about nine days. It was such a good vacation. I had a very nice baby shower while I was there. It was so nice to see some people that I have not seen in awhile. Nolan got so many cute new things. He is so spoiled already. I also found out while I was home that I got a nursing job. I will be working in the Level 3 NICU at The Woman's Hospital of Texas. I am very excited! I cannot wait to start my career as a nurse. Brett and I celebrated our two year wedding anniversary this past weekend. He took me on a surprise trip to San Antonio. We had so much fun spending the weekend together and celebrating. I love being around him.

We are very excited for Nolan to get here. We are enjoying watching him kick me. He moves all the time. I love feeling him move. He is going to be a little wild man like his daddy. I am 29 weeks along tomorrow. I can't believe how fast it has gone already. I feel like I am huge already, but I know that I am only going to get bigger. Oh joy. We are both just so excited to meet him. He is going to be the cutest little boy ever. We are in the process of working on his nursery. We have all the furniture in his room. We are just working on the decor. His quilt for his crib is finished. I love it! The letters for above his crib are finished, but I have yet to put them up. His room is coming together so well. I love it.

I am so excited about this new chapter in my life that is beginning. I start my new job on Monday and Nolan is only about 11 weeks away from being here. I can't wait to be a mommy!!!

Here are some pictures from the last month:






This my creation! I love it!


Baby Shower tree!


Letters for above Nolan's crib.

No comments:

Post a Comment